Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is it legal to write MD infront of our name - nimoz
Honestly I have never herd so much crap in my life.. shut up for one sec guys.. When I submit papers, my institution does not allow me to write MD after my name, because i'm not licensed in the state.. the only reason I asked if i should write it while corresponding with the PDs is that to convey that i'm ECFMG certified.. which in actual fact makes a difference to the ranking as was made clear to me by a university program PD when I offered him a copy of my certificate, which he most willingly accepted and mentioned that it cut down on his work.. all you dumbos who seek an opportunity to make fun of people, get a life and try to be a little more professional.. as far as stamping MD on your butt.. all those who want to do it go ahead as it wont make much difference unless you moon every passer by...
Chill out man, NIMOZ!!!!

I guess you are the one who came up with the question, so figure who is the ignorant one....

We are all doctors, some certified some not. If the PDs want to know that information, there will be a fat ass file for each applicant and take it from me that the USMLE transcript and the ECFMG certificate will be on the top of that pile. They dont need an reminders from you of your certification. Even the PCs address the applicants as "dear doctors" in their correspondence.

Man, I'm really entertaining this notion of stamping M.D. on my buttocks...
ITS ILLEGAL, DONT DARE TO WRITE!!
What's illegal MsAsharf? Stamping MD on your buttocks or writing it in front of your name?
ouuchhhhhh
we upset someone here but i thought she wanted these opinions.
kidding nimoz do what u think is right. its a free world.
No. Absolutely not. Information confirmed through the state licensing authorities. Any MD from anywhere in the world can be used after your name. MBBS folks will have to clear ECFMG certification as I am told this is technically not an "MD degree" eventhough he receipient is a medical doctor. This is all I have. but yea. M.D designation can be used in signatures and in publications. just don't go pracicing medicine on that!!
I meant, No, Absolutely not illegal!!. ..
who is this crazy sfes786??
are you so bored that you are digging up 8 yrs old posts?
the person that posted that question has finished his residency, done fellowship and is enjoying his life somewhere!
I think what fobmd said. ECFMG certification doesn't matter. You need a license.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »