Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed again.......:((( - drfoolishfailure
@thank you alllllllllllll

i m really happy and feel blessed dat so many of u replied and gave those encouragin words.... and there r people who can understand my pain and what i m goin thru and tryin to give me strength to fight with my situation...... thank you so much guys.... you dont nw but nw i owe u big time....

i hav started my battle again..... started with path.... listenin to goljan again and den wil do q bank question for path/pathophysio....
hi ,
sad to here about u but happy hat u starting again good sprit
iam an old graduate from n i have been studying for about a year now since last three months i was doing usmle world n i was not getting good score like in 40% n now iam almost done now i dont undestand what to do repeat it or go for kaplan or usmle rx
can u from u r experince give some advice
Hi doctor, as one of the doctors rightly said please change ur id. dont punish urself. u will be successful one day, when that day comes in ur life u will be dr. successful. one of my friends is almost done with his residency after having 6 attempts for step one and five for step 2 and 2 for step 3. nobody asks him how many attempts he had to make. I m just giving an example i dont wish it for u. Just rise to the occasion and u will succeed.
DrFF don`t listen to audio its overwhelming i know you are at this moment inhigh spirits and want to do it all in no time ,actually there was few guys who posted whole golan audio by typing while listening to it word by word - thats what you and everyone needs .as you need to be active lerner - videos not gonna help anyone as its passive learning - be a hammer head - if can`t get it then surf youtube or google i`m sure everything is there or post on this form or prepusmle forum ....etc guys over there will help you - No videos - no USMLEWORLD for step 1 , and not too much kaplan

FA+MED ESSENTIAL + KAPTEST+Goljan ( if can`t read it as its very bulky start with questions as Rapid review questions by Goljan are not like UW and read all those points from side of book - mark one day just to read all those points from book and make notes of imp one and post it on rapidshare and link it here - as you suppose to help others too .
i`ve ques from kaptest but they are old so when i did i subcribed so sorry no links for legal material i `ll recommend everyone to buy this stuff even NBME .it worth it and you `ll realise it when you`ll compare it with boot legs

Rx is good bank but no wikinotes as you don`t have time like forever so stick to kaptest first then Rx or studentconsult both are same and if still time then uw can be tried instead of wikitest.hope it help
Prototype, thanks for the information. I'm going to stick with RX for right now because I signed up for that already and it's definitely helping my first aid coverage. A few questions about the explanations from the online kaplan qbank compared to the lecture notes. The good thing with RX was the direct page references to 2009 first aid. That was helpful. I think the qbank offers the same thing to pages in medessentials and the previous 2008 first aid. How many total questions were there for the new kaplan qbank?

One thing to just comment on from what some others said was that the length of the questions are similar but what did you think about the material being asked? Were the explanations similar to what I have read from kaplan lecture notes or are they different? One other comment, that I'd like your thought on prototype is this : many of the students felt that kaplan questions asked many questions that were never hitting the big points that should be noted for the exam. Meaning that the question PhD writers are looking for something else from what should be emphasized to understand. They say that kaplan was very minutiae orientated. How would you disagree this to the topics and explanations (and not necessarily the questions) covered by usmleworld? Since I still have UW from the signup, I did see some of the explanations - they are pretty lengthy but they do go over the basics here and there for some topics.

Dr.foolish, make sure to go through every answer, right and wrong and check the explanation for each.
first of all change your screen name . it is too negative. change it to like Dr.success - doesnt this sound better. Your score doesnt determine who you are. You are a great doctor.
ITs alright...a lot of peopel failed a lot of times...just continue doing questions WHILE THE IRON IS HOT...WHILE ITS STILL FRESH IN UR MIND AND REVIEW THE CONCEPTS...NO NEED TO READ THE BOOKS NOW..JUST DO QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »