Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not matched - naina3
Hello naina3. I think I am also done with match but I am in need of some thing as my backup plan so that I can get a better living for my kids. this is my email address, if ou have any option with low budget plz mail me. hematocrit2
Hi naina!!
I am also in the same boat and done with this painful process.
This was my second match and didnot match. Got three interviews in psychiatry rank 2 one was prematch.
My credentials are 200,210,210 and CS passed all in first attempt.
USCE of 2 years in different specialties including 8 month psychiatry observership .
At this point I am not able to find any other observership and I think it's not worthed to apply with same application this year.. Now my budget is out don't have any savings to pay babysitter for my 2 kids.my husband is supportive but now he is also disappointed and wants me not to waste time and money anymore.
I am still confuse what to do because I cannot see myself other than a doctor but I have to accept the reality,
So if you can help me what would be other options that would be great!!
Other forum members can also shed some light.
Thanks!!
Aniyalatif
When I didnot match first 2 yeArs, my husband suggested to do some masters but I was a little adamant that the research would help me and this observership would help me . Did this for another 2 years. But in the end nothing worked out. When the result came out, I was very depressed. I felt like May be I have taken his advice I wouldn't be feeling so bad.i would have finished masters by now. Because even if I did not match, I would have some thing to look forward to.
I don't have any suggestions for you guys right now. Because I am still looking into. Search for alternatives thread in the forum.
I would like to tell you don't stop quitting your dream. But do something parallel so that you won't be screwed up like me. Even failures are great lessons.
@sufa, I am really sorry for you. I can feel what you are going through. You are one tough girl. No matter what you do, you shine. Good luck
@ sulfa...amazing story.Your faith and your perseverance will be rewarded!
Thank you guys for the encouraging wards .. Life this time hits me so hard it makes me go down on both knees .
At this point after all that suffering I have no idea how can I hold on one more year .
@ Naina
No words to say anything to comfort you at this time
I do not have such stellar scores like you(I even have attempts).No visa issues and tried 2 years to get into residency but no luck.
I made my decision last year to look into alternative pathways.
It hit me one day that I am nothing in this country holding just an ECFMG certificate.
Use your time to get an another degree and do not yet extinguish your dream to get into a residency..You do not know when your time will come!!
Get an another degree in parallel!!
Try MPH, MHA and boost your CV
Someone suggested post doc fellowship too..great idea!!
Look into everything and see which alternative degree can work for you.
Hi naina,

I think you can match. You have wonderful scores.
Just curious why you applied with bad lors. At least you could have got good lors from your home country.
Make sure you have good lors and iv skills. You have anything else.
@impgy1, my lots are us lors. They are generic. But the recent one is personalized. The lot writer wrote very good.
Thanks. But it is not going to matter anymore.
i got 91 and 96 in usmle way back in 2002. i am in india. regardless of good scores and being a fresh graduate 2001 my visa app was rejected 3 times. i had given up my dreams of doing residency in usa. i always loved doing em in usa.
i am male and was 26-27 then but every time my visa was rejected i just cried. it was extremely horrible.
like many people have said if someone ahs good scores 90 plus in both steps and speak english fluently that automatically does not mean the interviewing skills were great.
so dot take it personally.
in 2002 i also took my toefl mayb for canada immig i dont remem but i scored very high on tht but tht necessarily does not translate into great communications skills in english.
i think from my failures i can say residency ivs are like us embassy iv. u have to have great communications skills. so talk to somefriends who may b able to help.
i personally realised being fixated on usmle residency is not the best thing since i tried for another 6 years till 2009 and realised i was getting older and got married and had to support my family.
i worked hard got selected into em prog (mcem) in india. at the end of 3 years i am thankful i have a pg degree.
my suggestion wud be please dont get fixated on usmle and residency. if it doesnot work for 2-3 times we can go back home or in us do some meanigful course mph, phd etc which hopefully add to ur cv.
i will again try to give my usmles and try for residency. but dont loose hope. there are many of us who have a painful story. this is about doing introspection and anothe advice i wud give wud be hope for the best and prep for the worst. have a back up plan no matter how brilliant ur scores might be.
all the best for ur futures.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »