Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My exam experience ! - kaizer
hey kaizer what does UWsa mean? plz do tell me i got ma exam in 2 weeks.. thanks in advance
Hy friends ; as promised here I am back to answer everyone's question , I might be late for some of you ,I was on vacation you see Wink
-susan09 the actual exam contain 7 blocks they counted the tutorial as a block , that's why I was confused dont bother guys there are definitely 7 blocks not 8 as I wrongly mentionned .
-drbaig Thanx alot , yes Pathology is the bigest part of the exam .
-dep not too many MRI , most of them were easy to anticipate , just be sure you know all the structures of a brain sections , I think UW MRIs are enough , yes I read 100 pages from Goljan , but didnt find them of any help , however Goljan audio is a must , it has some informations you'll not be able to find anywhere else .
-dimipa Thanx alot my friend, I am so sory I didnt reply t you request on time , you must have already sat for your exam , anyway I did skipped the tutorial . But did check my headphones before starting .
-usmleprep123 thanx alot friend , I just used MRI and CTs that appeared in Kaplan Q bank and UW , browsed google images as well for some additional images .
-ariadnac06 yes of course There is a calculator , but didnt use it since there were very few calculation Qs and all were easy to do mentaly.
-usmlepossible since patho is the biggest part of the exam , Kaplan notes is not enough if you wanna get to answer tougher questions ,Goljan audio contain a loads of information , so I recomand you to go through it at least twice .
-examcraze I took my exam in Paris , there is no difference whether you take your exam inside or outside the US . Actually the server doesn't even know where are you based in .
-greatscore thanx alot buddy I have taken a rest , had a great time in Paris ,lot of fun . almost all imaging is about neuro , got one about knee joint , asking to identify anterior cruciate lgt. I had 2 media murmur ,one sequencial question, very few calculation and biostat ,tones and tones of graphs and diagrams , with arrows pointing up and down ,physio alot of questions almost as much as patho ,
alot of mechanism of action of drugs and neurotrasmitters ,second messenger as well , mechanism of action of drugs , very few genetic Qs and biochem, I think no more than 5 for bioch, I had no ECG Qs ,some immuno and micro , no parasits at all , Patho alot of slides but for most of them you can guess the answer just from reading the Q stem , yes FA along with UW is a MUST !!! if you have just two things to study it would be these two .HIGH YIELD audio is a summary of Kaplan DVDs containing the most important points to remember for the exam .I found them very useful .
-sreddy08 please be advised that for immuno and micro , FA is more than enough . EASY QUESTIONS
-straightshooter I definitely agree with U , block one is nothing but the tutorial . SO GUYS PLEASE DONT WORRY THE EXAM STILL HAS 7 BLOCKS
-basicq my friend I am ok thanx , I hope youre doing great too , please ask me in need I would be happy to help out .
-riya14 thanx alot , sorry for the late eply , at this time you must be done with you exam , anyway , wish U all the best .
-okt3 thanx my friend you right first block is tutorial , wish you 99 too , if you didnt get your exam results yet .Did you ?
-drtense relax Wink , wish u all the best buddy .
-usmlephobic thanx I did rest , I am ready to help you out with any question I can answer, lemme know .
-good2day gonna send you an email soon !
-wolvaren88 UW SA Means USMLEworld self assessment, there are two parts , I could find the first one but not the second , is a great assessment tool , but dont bother if you havent done it before your exam .
thanx to all ya friends .
I wish U all the best
GL
"HIGH YIELD audio is a summary of Kaplan DVDs containing the most important points to remember for the exam .I found them very useful ."

Kaiser,

Where can I get those audios?
thanks
Kaiser, wish you best... which one of the online nbme forms is closest to exam? 1,2,3,4,5 or 6
speddy I downloaded them a long time ago , before I started my exam prep , the link I used is no longer available unfortunately and the size of that stuff is quite big so cannot send it through email , sorry .
zees NBMEs are ok , the exam is most like 5th and 6th block , but the exam has lengthier question stem.
thanks for all the info kaizer et bon chance!!!!
kaiser.... thanks alot
hi can u tell in detail
HI Kaizer good to see u back...hows ur vacation??
now my qq
1] how many graphs u had per block? more from physio or pharmac??
2]how much statistics was tested? average or 4-5 per block?can we skip statistics??
3] were there qs abt rats ;experiements ;radioiodine dyes and stuff? easy or difficult??
4]wat abt cell and mol biology familiar qs or alien??
and last q cud u sleep previous night ;did u take any pills? [just curious]
HI Kaizer , Thakns for sharing all experinces .".HIGH YIELD audio is a summary of Kaplan DVDs containing the most important points to remember for the exam .I found them very useful ." Never heard of it . Can we get those if subscribe kap Qbank ? if not ,then how ?Any help about that will be appreciated .
Hope to see you with good score anytime soon . With you best buddy
despmle
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »