Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
breach of security email from ERAS????? - maddoc14
borders : u r welcome. yes, lets take care of it the way is advised and not to be worried too much!
This is unfortunate, but wht can we do! i read online that "breach of security " happens in the US ...mostly for those who have to register with educational institutes and this is the correct&professional way of addressing it. just pray to God and leave it to him. The security monitoring service is helpful. it monitors any activity regarding our personal info and takes care of it!! although for only 2 yrs....i think we shud buy it later on to be safe!!
ITS A SCAM... NOT TRUE... ITS A SCAM. I just checked it out.
oh noooo! wht a nightmare!
today i killed my time to call everywhere to make sure wht to do! i felt it to be scam at 1st! but when i read forum...i freaked out and called eras, that was real!
they asked me couple of security qs and then forwarded me to the next and next! i am death tired now! dunnu wht to do!

although, i forwarded the email to my bank/credit department and they advised me to follow it as it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u mean they are all together!! even bank??? or ther credit department?? and why not!dats a business and this way, they survive anyway!.....and we have to pay! wht else we shud do? can we wait and watch??

i am goin to call that name tomorrow....but the mail is not fake! eras apologized and showed too much sympathy! i wanted to talk to someone else....eras forwarded me to help desk!!!not to that person! and wud it make any dif to talk to that person???it is eras and they admit such thing happened and we have to follow ther advise or it wud be our lost!!!!wht else we shud do now?
is there any attroney out there????????????????????????????????? am almost broke! not to think of attorney fees to double check!!!! i wish we had an attorney to ask and share here!!!
john, the phone number is AAMC helpdesk, alright, but just google that company name and you will see that its a big ripoff. the way i was able to find it real quick is coz there was a similar, but real problem at my univ and we had 2 yrs of credit monitoring.

And you see, my firefox also has the WOT plug-in that quickly alerts me to suspicious sites. Install that plugin and use firefox!
imgspouse ..thanx for informing mei dunnu wht else to do! dat plug-in and pop up alert pops up on anything i click!!!! am used to ignore it! Sad
wht about after 2 yrs? we must pay for dat crap service to be safe????? or wht?? i am sure those ppl who got the info, knw about 2 yrs thing...can wait and start working after it ?!!! Sad
just my last 2 cent before going to bed! the protection service which is offered to enrol from eras is valid! and is running by expiron which is one of the major national credit bureaus! u can cehck it out!
the best option is to avoid it as far as u can! but when a security breach happens, u got to do something about it! better than nothing!
Jezz, seems Ive missed alot. I havent received any email from ERAS. Im sadden by this info. One thing I know for sure is the credit card I used for ERAS has expired so thats a relief though my SSN could be used for malicious reasons. I hope this is an "INNOCENT" mistake/incident.
HI do you guys know if all the programs automatically send emails based on their interest or is it just automatic to everyone...because I have received some emails from some and not others? And should I consider that they are interested? thx
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »