Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal Residents For Residency - busymomdoc
Hi,busymomdoc I am 100% agree with you ...it is crucial for people who live there pay taxes and immigrant to get job before img without visa.
the first preference is AMGs and then us...what we need to do....let me know
Let's face it. We are not friends. We are competition.
hi. i also totally agree with busymom. as me and my husband are immigrants with greencard and decent scores. we cant go back to our country. we dont have any option except getting residencies here. so atleast we should get a fair chance .
@down21 while you may have a point, but note that the system only takes candidates with great credentials (scores, experience, lors) not citizenship/gc as the criteria.
on the plus side, as GC/citizens, you can persure any other opportunity in the US
I strongly support your advocacy about this especially nowadays that millions of Americans are unemployed. I am therefore convinced that more US Citizens/GC should be given more chance this match season until employment downturn is resolved. There are thousands, I believe, IMG US Citizens/GC ECFMG certified out there that are competing against non-physician jobs- have you felt like stealing somebody else’s job since you should be doing residency?
I do agree America should be recruiting candidates with great minds/talents, but definitely double 99 USMLE scores is not an indication of being a good/talented doctor. We know that some people cheated the USMLE by studying pooled questions or used insiders to adjust scores. Some has even acquired and been studying FirstAid right at the start of their med school because all they planned for years is to come here in the US and not to serve their country first. This has been prevalent in some countries like you know….. I heard PDs not satisfied with some double 99s residents due to insufficient clinical skills and knowledge. Im sure u guys heard of this too.

So to all Citz/GC holders better act now before match ranking starts! quick send letters/petitions to your rep, sen, president, dept of labor sec, etc.

I'm sure im gonna pissed the hell out of some people here. hehehe hold ur horses!
So to all Citz/GC holders better act now before match ranking starts! quick send letters/petitions to your rep, sen, president, dept of labor sec, etc.
hahaha...loosers....

In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals because they succeed in adapting themselves best to their environment.

~Charles Darwin~

So to all Citizens/GC holders better act now before match ranking starts! quick send petition emails/letters to your rep, sen, president, dept of labor sec, etc.
We are in the middle of organizing a press conference to address and increase awareness of our cause so please get registered and become a member of this group;

Action Committee for Legal Residents For Medical Residency
BUSYMOMDOC CREDENTIALS

YOG:1994
step1 second attempt 1994,2009
step2 second attempt 1995,2010
cs first attempt 2011
GC holder

YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »