Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nigerians requiring J-1 visa pls gather here - jabbee
@im2012, na me be that guy. we go sabi each other or at least get mutual friends be that. lol
@program na so now. Man must program all those things for area na.
na true bros.... and as u don land residency for DC, you fit give 1 of them bele and then settle down Smile
You are definitely the same person(if your masters is in biosomething something lol Smile We sure have a mutual friend and possibly lots of mutual friends. It's definitely a small world indeed!!
bump..still hoping some of you are lurking here! I know you guys already got yours, please help with any info, mine is taking forever, I don't even know if the person is talking to the right person. I need a department, a name or anything! email me: skirilarry
congrats to d naija peeps on matching
I still dey naija, just passed ck and step1 both 99.
Culdnt get cs slot before may.so i may not hav cs b4 sep application date.
Can i apply with step 1 and ck only , and update my cs result when available.
Pls share ur experiences
This thread just dey grow. Glad to know a lot of Nigerians matched. I no get info about the documents. I believe you have to send someone there or nothing go happen. Good luck.
I'm happy there are a lot of nigerians here. Abeg, you guys should show me the way oh.I will be done with med. Sch next month. I have been studying for step 1, using kaplan materials, goljan and first aid.
Did any of u do ur exam at d ghana centre. I heard d pass rate there is low. It doesn't make sense to me though. I tink its just a myth, or does anyone have any contrary opinion. Cos I need to know if I shud plan towards writing it in d US.
Do u think studying for d exam on my own is a wise decison, considering dat d kaplan tingy is quite expensive
I would really appreciate suggestions on materials to use.
@bbng
..kaplan dey expensive well well unless say u get money.u fit study on ur own pass,but na determination.there is nothing wrong with ghana centre,its computerised so there shouldnt b a problem.But if u find urself in usa,then better for u.
study with kaplan notes,uw,and first aid.first aid should be ur 2nd bible /quaran.i wish u good luck.if u can get videos of kaplan,fine.actually i downloaded kaplan notes and video free online(as per naija babe).u can even get first aid too.
@bbng
uworld is a MUST
Hey there, I did my exams here in the sates, I have no idea about the ghana centre, probably a myth as you alluded to. I studied on my own but of course you best can assess your capabilities. Since you are relatively fresh off med school and if you an above average student, I believe you should be able to study on your own. You said you have been studying all the key materials, so how do you feel about your readiness? of course make sure to practice questions on UWORLD which is almost becoming the gold standard Qbank. I personally didn't use it for step 1 though(didn't hear about it early on and too expensive for me then)
Other key things apart from scatttering the exams, is USCE plus LORS from US physician(s). Clinical clerkship> Externship> Observership in teaching hospital> Observership in private settings> research.
Another key thing is avoiding gaps in clinical training as much as possible. In my opinion, I think it is better to keep working back home and taking your exams than coming over here and just studying with no clinical experience.
This forum is a good resource but it's just kinda interspersed with a lot of garbage. Do searches and you ll probably find answers to commonly asked questions.
Best of luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »