Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Observership / externship in California - usmleprincess
hey thanks pantoush and usmle princess for the wonderful information .
can u suggest places for observership /externship in IM and paeds in california (preferrably sanjose ,fremont ,santa clara ,sunnyvale etc., )
I did 1 observerhsip in kaiser permannete fremont .
thanks in advance .
Hi Pantoush,
I recently moved to CA, i am in a dependent visa. OPT F2. Do i need a PTAL to apply residency in CA? I am done with step 1, step 2 ck & CS and now preparing for step 3. No experience in observership/externship yet. So cannot apply this year. Can you please mention some hospitals or clinics near my area (San Ramon) where i can do 3/4 observerships and externships in IM and Ped and FM?

hey usmleprincess,
have you got all 3 LORs? are u only applying to FM? Can i have ur email id to get some help regarding application questions.
Thanks,
Sonia
usmleprincess,
may i also know, how long did you do your externship with dr. Roger washington? How many days a week?
Thanks.
Hello , Just to let you know I did an observership with Dr Washington from Santa Clara . I am a French Family Physician in France for 15 years , so I can tell you my point of view according my experience .
Bad points : it's expensive : $2700 for 1 month , but they ask me $2800 ??? but everything is expensive in the US ! A trap was to do the job of the nurse instead of learning from the Doctor .
Good points : as a Family physician, it was the only observership where I really learn very interesting things , about medicine , about organization, about how being , about how learning and teaching. I am a professor in France and i have students who follow me in my own office , so what I have learned there, was very useful .
I have learned little tricks about common health problems we see everyday in Family practice , and I can apply them with my patients , about back pain, sleep disturbance , knee pain, and so more ...
The point of view of Dr Washington about the sleep , is very interesting , pertinent and helpful and if you can't do an observership with him , I encourage you to read his books ! it will be helpful for your patients and for you , for all your life! Good luck to everybody !
Hello,

I am planning to do externship with Dr .Roger Washington. I wanted to know if it is worth spending so much even if its a hands on and 2 days a week. Has anyone tried bargaining on the no of days per week or the externship price in general, its just too expensive. Also do you definitely get an LOR ?
@pmm
hey did u go for the externship? can u pls share ur experience?
did u go for 2 days/wk or bargained for more days?
hi pantouch
do you know how to apply for ssn being an img?

how to apply for ptal?since I dont have ssn

can you let me know about california programs offering externships and observerships
can you provide list of hospitals?
hi dr2288,
could u please tell me the process of getting an observership in kaiser fremont. would be very helpful. thank you in advance.
President of (AMIQT), Dr. Peter Bernad, is board certified in neurology https://amiqt.wordpress.com/ and welcomes students to participate in month-long rotations and observerships with him and highly qualified colleagues. If students are interested in multiple specialties, we can accommodate them.

For further information, please contact Ruby directly:
2112 F St. NW Suite 303
Washington, DC 20037
202-728-0099
rubyamiqt
Hello everyone!!!
Can you please guide me about any training or observership or electives programme for undergraduate medical student from India in California? My medical college is recognised by the medical board of California
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »