Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family Medicine thread 2011 - fm2011
any updates on application.
Hi guys...I have LOR from IM and FM ...What do u think ?Can I apply to FM with LOR from FM and IM?
my creds 87,86, pass (1st attempt), step 3 failed and did not take it again.. cli.experience in int.med, peds private practice n cardio private practice. did not get any ivs last year.
trying for fm again.....i could not use the im lor last year as it was mentioned in the letter, my attending wishing good luck for "im" in the letter. so eras hold it and i could not use it. do u think it is wise to use it this year for fm? iam really confused and do not want to lose this year again...please help..
thanx
To Mrrightest

I am going to apply for family medicine.
My status is refugee. That showing on my application, is it going to put me at a disadvantage from a program director's point of view. I am afraid I won't be called for interviews because of that word on my application.

Any other advice about programs, interviews and so on.
thanks
med2mle

what do u mean exactly by u couldnt use the LOR since it said good luck for IM residency?

can u explain it..do u mean to say LOR should not mention specialities and hence should have residency in general?

or u want to say that if LOR says IM it can be sent just to IM programs and like wise?

please elaborate.

I am applying this year for the first time and am thoroughly confused about ur statement regarding the LOR...

thanks
m25

My profile is somewhat similar to ur profile

step1 75
step2 84
cs passed...all in first attempt

step 3..did not appear and need a visa

I intend to apply for FM this year

what fellowships can one get into after doing residency in family medicine?
I wrote my creds here before, need some input guys. I have IM observership, research in IM, thing is my research mentor(an IM subspecialty guy ) wrote a specific LOR for FM. is it of any use when i use this LOR to FM programs? also i ll planning to use 1 IM specific lor from US, that FM lor from IM doc from US and other 2 general LOR from India, please give ur input on this strategy. thanks.
I am taking my Step 2 early August, so I am sure if I would have my score by SEP first. Do you guys think I should wait for score which might be mid-septemeber and than apply or apply as soon as the application line opens?
My concern is that my step one score is not very good and I am hoping to have a better score on CK to make up for that.

Any Advice plz
wait for step 2 score, anyways if u need visa they wont look at ur application with only step 1 score, i think wise waiting.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »