Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurology 2010-2011 - neuroguru
Please help me guys.
@neuromatch, while I don't know much about the programs you listed, since I didn't iv at any of them, once again, I will say what I said above. "The best advice that I have heard regarding ranking is go with your gut feeling. I don't know much about the programs that you have listed (except UTSW Dallas), but before we even give you our opinions, it depends on what you are looking for in a program. Do you have location preference, do you intend to go into academics, research or private practice? Do you want to go into fellowship, if so, which one?" If you answer some of those questions here for us, perhaps we can try to help a bit, but the ultimate decision lies with where you think you will be happy. For example, if you want to base your decision just on reputation (which I don't necessarily agree with, just my personal opinion) and prestige, Mayo takes the cake, but then are you willing to spend time in Rochester (with extreme cold weather). How well did you feel you fit in with the residents etc? Hope that helps you, good luck!
Thank you neuroguru.
You are very welcome neuromatch, all the best with the match!
Hi all ....just wondering if everyone who IVed at UTSW got an email saying that the no. of seats have gone to 8.
everyone who IVed at UTSW Dallas got it man! I was excited too.. but it is generic !
They rank about 60-70 people every year... and get their seats filled by their top 10-15... ! The pool of residents doesnt have that many IMGs as it is a top notch program.. everyone ranks UTSW high.. So it is their choice... SOme IMgs who got in .. either have publications in Neurosciences or MPH from top notch places... So I have no hopes of getting in there as I dont have any such stellar credentials! This year about 6 people from UTSW medical school itself seems to be interested in the same program... higher than any previous year!.. So it is tough in Neuro man... overall... !
that seemed a generic email from UTSW, got it too...washingtonianguy, how do you know how many people they rank each year and that their seats get filled with 10-15? Also, how do you know that 6 people from their own med school are also interested in their program?
Because I am in touch with 2 AMG guys who are UTSW med students!!!!
You seem to have stellar credentials Neuroguru.. so u dont have to worry... I have nothing other than higher 90 scores... and in Neuro.. scores dont matter much.. i dont have any proper neuro clinical experience.. so thats the reason.. I am pessimistic... ! as with neuromatch2011... He has ived at nice places.. like mayo.. So... I am sure he is exceptional too...
Washingtonianguy, always be optimistic. I'm not stellar by any means, just another average applicant. Everyone is special here in some way, and you never know, what they look for in a prospective resident. Also, if they invited you, they must have liked you enough amongst many others. So cheer up buddy, we will all make it!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »