Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice please.... - drvati
@pahology...That is true but I have waited a long time. Now it is taking its toll on me.
@dumont...I am sorry I didnt understand your comment. Can you please explain!
@azeb...I didnt get your comment either!

I am only trying to ask what my chances of getting residency will be if I take a break for a few more years to settle down. Will they stop accepting imgs as the rumours suggest?
Then what r these rumours about?
@drvati ...ok then, go talk to kashvi and it will all be clear!
@Dumont...Who are you asking me to talk to? And why?
or you can talk to drvikas....
If you know anything about the rumours please reply. Thank you.
that is a rumor..... but the fact is.... drama......
Whats the drama? They say that the number of AMGs will match the residency spots leaving no spots for us foriegn IMGs. Can you please elaborate on this? Do you know anything about this? and when will it happen? in how many years? Please this is detrimental to the life decisions I have to make. So please advice.
Oh dear drvati, i would luv to know more about the rumor but I want to run away from home. My problem is I live with my dad. I have been studying for step 1 but i am depressed and very burnt out. And everytime I am depressed I try to go to a nice restaurant and eat till i feel better....All this is okay....but my dad is paying my bills...all my credit card bills, my car insurance and bills and basically every penny that I am using to stay alive in this process!!.....As a result every month when the credit card bill comes I get yelled at for every dollar I have spent. I just want to run away and study in peace. This is really getting to me. I have tried to be strong and just suck it all in and study but its not working. I cannot live in fear like this. Next year will be my fifth year after graduation. I took CS and failed that test. I want to do well on my step 1 and CK. I just need some help...not about how to study but if anybody out there knows where i can just run away from home and vanish for a few months please tell me....i have no money on my own. Also, if I get a full time job to support myself will i be able to study for the steps or what will happen? Will being an old img hamper my chances of getting residency?....what shud I do ? Please please help. I am really upset...
Well, there is some degree of truth to everything.

Dr. Nasca, CEO of ACGME has said “We estimate that we will see domestic production of medical school graduates functionally surpass our current total number of GME postgraduate year-one pipeline positions [posts that lead to initial specialty certification] by 2015 or sooner, and this does not include some 10,000 non–U.S.-citizen international medical graduates and about 3700 U.S.-citizen international medical graduates who seek GME posts in U.S. teaching hospitals.”
Reference: Iglehart JK. The Uncertain Future of Medicare and Graduate Medical Education. N Engl J Med 2011;365:1340-5.
Here is the link http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMhpr1107519

Please check the fig. 1 in the above article to have an estimate of the anticipated crunch in the upcoming years. The situation is a little scary you have to admit it.
Thats a terrible story Dumont! I am sorry you are going through a lot. Just hang in there.

I empathise with you but please kindly create a separate thread for your problem. Not on my thread. My senior directed me to this forum and thats why I thought this forum is the best place to ask my question. Please; I hope you dont mind. Please create a separate thread for your problems.

If anybody else has any more inputs about MY question please answer.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »