Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neurology 2010-2011 - neuroguru
@smart, buddy, it's up to you on how you want to rank it, because you have to ultimately make that decision and it's a very individual decision based on so many factors. I couldn't see myself as a good fit for that program, and therefore, I will be ranking it low (if at all) on my list. I know the dilemma you are facing, but I am ranking an advanced program higher then many great categorical programs, because I felt more fit there than at other programs. That's my personal choice and I know the risk. This comes at a price, because if I end up matching there, I will likely be going through scramble for the prelim position (which is a BIG risk in itself as you know scramble can be tricky), but I am willing to take that risk. So, you will have to make that decision for yourself, but to me it's important that I can see myself being fit for the program, rather then worrying about the advanced vs categorical issue. Good luck and let me know how you decide to rank your programs.
Also, smart, will you be ranking Baylor higher then or lower then UT?
well, guru, it depends, if i end up ranking all categorical then BCM will be higher, but i am still back and forth with UT rank. i feel i fit the most with UT Smile scramble is scary and it doesn't worth the stress. if u don't mind my q, how many prelim/ TY did u have. i have one TY and one prelim only.
@ guru and others: did u receive an e-mail from UTH today?
@smart, I didn't interview at UTH, so I wouldn't have received that email. I had only 1 independent prelim interview. The other ones were linked to matching at the Neurology programs and only then being able to get them. So, I know that realistically, that if I end up matching there for the advanced neuro program, then it's more likely then not, I might have to scramble. Have you decided your top choice at least smart?
not really! if i can get over the nerves of gambling for prelim. then UTH will be my top choice.
Great, let me know when you finally finish your rank list. I also will think about my list till tomorrow and then set it in stone.
By the way, where does Methodist compare to Baylor and the rest for you?
methodist is high in the list, although no one encouraged me so far, every one told me i might not get good learning experience including my mentors, what is ur take on that guru?
by the way guru , it seems that we don't share same list ! i imagine u have UTSW and BCM on top , what other programs u think in top 5?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »