Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IV experience of each places, IM 2011 - shomolangma
@frgdoc: Thank you so much on behalf of all members. (I didn't apply there, don't worry)

@hopefulapplicant2011: I know your point, you can contribute as much as you wish. That's absolutely ok for everyone. Actually, I think that so far everyone know which place is good or bad in terms of any factors. For chance of competition, I absolutely understand and that's why I mentioned earlier.

@surrender, @hannah123: thank you for cheering up.

@pahology11: Thank you for being my best friend. But please talk to whitecurd some. I really don't want to have problem with him because of being envied of. Waiting for your contribution.

shomo,

I value my friendships as well....is whitecurd jealous? does not he know where to talk with me if you are that good friends? he talks anyway dude..he is some (s)talker..lol

I have not gone to any IVs yet...starting next Thursday...wish me luck..I will definitely tell my experience...

Hope you all the best, pahology11.
Common guys, keep this thread of shobholangma's alive
I have min on 3 NOV at st.john,MI in FM.

Will surely let u all knw my experience.
Hey buddies! I had my first IM interview at the Orlando. It was better than I expected. First the hotel is really nice and comfortable. I expected some inn but it is more than that. May be 3.5-4 stars. But make sure to confirm again before you leave. I had reserved mine but when I arrived, they told me they didn't have my confirmation. But the receptionist finally gave me a room and I had to give her copy of my interview invite. I got a room on the 15th highest floor. The view is magnificent and the hotel has nice outdoor swimming pool and jacuzzi on the 4 th floor. So pack some swimsuit. ( I regretted I didn't Smile
Okay now the real deal! The interview day! The residency coordinator is a sweetheart and I think I won't find another one as helpful and as beautiful as her. Smile first they put us in a room and gave us a pack of information together with some cups, pen and books. ( I think they are doing advertisement of the program). And some program overview, photo taking and program video and question with the coordinator and then the director came and answered all our questions. Dr Everett is really down to earth and really a father figure. The first impression I get is I wish I had him as my mentor and teacher. He is so smart and full of experiences and also spirit. The program director himself guided the hospital tour. That is a surprise too.
Now the hospital part! The hospital is really really big and they have more than 1000 beds, and 150 ICU beds and 6 transplant services. Some part of the buildings are still being painted. The IM program is relatively new they started last year but the hospital itself has long and good reputation.
Then we had lunch with residents and attended morning report and had discussed some cases the residents presented in a conference room. And then the real interview. We had to interview with 2 faculty members, program director and a behaviorist one by one each lasting 10 to 15 minutes and sometimes longer. It was really relaxing and general questions after all. I even forgot I was interviewing there rather than having a chat. Be prepared to have a lot of questions to ask them because you will get a lot of opportunities to ask to a lot of people and i m outta questions as the day progresses.
After that, another roundtable with residents and interns, so another questions time. Smile
And then some survey and final question with residency coordinator. That is the end of the day.

My impression: I really like the program and the atmosphere. Though it is new, two out of 4 Third year residents already got hem onc and nephrology fellowship. It is like a family team and no cut throat competition. And every attending is approachable. I think I will seriously consider if I am offered a prematch position at that place. ( i asked the program director about prematch and he replied they provided some out of match positions but they are not sure when they will give this year and how many positions they are giving this year but he wrote down i am interested in prematch) so if u really like the program you should ask for it The area is nice and the living cost is relatively cheap. Overall, I like the program. If you get invites from there, you should go and check it out.

That is it guys.

P.S. I wish I didn't bore you guys with extra long message. I had plenty of time since my flight is delayed for 2 hours. Wink wish you All good luck and have fun in interviews.

This is my interview exp at Florida Orlando I copied it from my other post 
I hope many people post here and this thread stays for long. It can help a lot of people
Hai littledoctor24 can u please share ur Jersy Shore Internal medicine interview experience??
I have it soon.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »