Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did anyone get this kind of email? - drmskjp
I don't know if I should believe or not the email...it does not really matter.

But I know for sure that some program involve their residents in ranking.

At one program a resident told another applicant and myself that at their program everyone meets after a grand rounds and discuss each applicant with their picture up on power point. Because its a small program he said that they like to know that the residents feel they can work well with the applicants. The residents are present and with a voice in the ranking meeting.

Every program does things differently.
People, I myself was surprised and couldn't believe what was written in the mail. I was expecting a prematch from this program, that's how good my interview was.
Everyone seemed to loved me, but unfortunately, it wasn't the case.
But its good that the program has already let me know, this wasn't my first choice either.
Soon after this email, i got a call from a chief resident from another program saying that they liked me and would want me to come in for a second look Smile
So i wouldn't bother too much on such emails, but yea it is depressing to know that whatever praises I got from them on the day of interview were fake!
Anyways, GL everyone.
@ dr.fever- How was ur interview at this place?
@ Dr.fever- Yea, on my interview day, the residents were all acting nice and stuff. They even actually paid me for another day at the hotel, since I told them that I am tired to drive back! They sent me cards for Christmas and also a thank you card.
I sent them cards too.
But one weird thing was, as soon after the interview, when i emailed the PC to ask for the PD's emails and the other residents emails, she didn't reply me for 3 weeks or so. ( the pd's and residents asked me to take thr emails from her)
So i dunno if she did it intentionally or she was just plain busy. Well whatever, am still gonnaa rank them last anyways.

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »