Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
*****scramble 2011***** - pahology11
Hi bilal, nice to hear from you again, Good, you also agree.
I wish we all to be matched, good luck.
Un filled positions will be deleted hourly by programs when they fill in day 1 , so there is very less number of spots for day2 , and day 3 .

So, we should choose 30 programs quickly for day 1 . Very little hope for day 2 ,and 3 .

You can check the lists of program your credentials are eligible.
Example I have MatchAResident list, I paid to that program before I applied Eras.
So, the list is still there. When unfilled spots come up, you can quickly check with it.

Good luck.
forever,

Great idea, thanks for posting.
bump
Hi guys,

I have a question coming up.

Let's say, I want to apply 2 specialities in same program.
Both have unfilled program list.
So, in this case, if I apply both in one program, what do you think?
I know it's not good, but I guess it's fair even they know , because this is in a critical situation that we are in scramble?

What do you think?
I would apply to the both programs. They know why we are applying there. however if they ask me which one I am interested in more than I dont know what to say politically. what do you think?

Last year one of my friends got matched in the scramble in FM and he had applied only to anesthesiology during the match. The PD gave him really hard time about his decision but they offered the job to him anyway, because he convinced them that he would be staying in FM.
Hello All,

I have noticed that preliminary positions in IM and Surgery and TY usually go to Scramble. Do you know if it is possible to get such a position without having PGY-2 ?
What are the possibilities after completing preliminary surgery ?

yes, you can get them without having a PGY2. you need to apply next year...but some programs reserve some prelim/transitional positions for the ones who have the PGY2.
Thanks for your reply, pathology.

I am not sure what to tell the programs to increase the chance of getting such a position.
Honestly I am interested in IM or Neurology. What should I tell, when I am applying to prelim IM?
Is it worthy to apply to prelim Surgery in my case ?

Thanks for any inputs.
Hello, Thanks for this nice posting. I did not get any interview this year. So no chance to get match. I will try my luck for scramble. I was wondering when list will open to us how will we know about my eligibility to apply. because time is very limited and it is not possible to go through all program's website.
Thank you. i appreciate your response.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »