Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you who are depress - pth
I think the system is a bit harsh when you only have one attempt at each step to realistically match, but on the other hand your scores are avg./low and you failed the same step 5 times which even restricts you from being licenced in many states. With the costs of steps and applications, no wonder that you are frustrated.
pl help me understand this..you say not eligible to get license in some states....Which states?
i checked states like connecticut,delaware have no restrictions on no of attempts.? thank you
@pth I'm surprised that it took you six attempts to pass step 3, especially after you did well in the other steps. What exactly was it about step 3 that made it so difficult for you to pass?
no offense but this sounds like a troll of a post ... passing everything first try with the pubs and chapter and top US doc LORs ... and then you fail the easiest of all steps 5 times?? come on now!
@doctam3 have you taken step 3?
@medfq
http://www.fsmb.org/usmle_eliinitial.html
Thank you all for your comments, one of friend call me donkey haha, I bet if you were at my situation ppl would have called you the same way ,

anyway

why I failed step 3, lot of factors, including my dad unexpected death, financial crises, I was getting frustrated and every friend or contact in a program was asking me this thing, just pass it, and I try it again and I fail sometime with only one mark less than pass, I should not have tried this, but this is now part of my life, i can not change the things, I took step 3 last time in Feb, 2012,
after passing in was involved and wrote those publications and this book chapter,

putting this post was not to get such comments, i wanted to get some advises,

Thanks
pth
Don't listen to those haters .. Start doing master in research or publish health or even re do medical skol again . Don't u ever .. Ever give up
@drbacchi...........thanks
sad to read ur post, i remember you here in 2011, 2012, we were here with hays, sami2004, forever7..i can tell u dont give up, i struggled too and saw the light at the end of the tunnell, dont pay attention to those clever ones who "judge". do ur best in all u do. I am in residency now, hays is now an attending taking her FP boards soon. keep on terying to match and be brave and meet people, donot be ashamed to tell ur story ,, failures dont mean ure stupid, u fail when u stop trying. so keep at it, I have made many sacrifices, im not that young and continue to make them to get to where i want, many judged me but im atop of the game now, please dont give up!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »