Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official 2017 Family Medicine Residency Thread - diverticulosis
hi pharm d, is studying pharamcy, its a 5 year course with 1 year internship, after this u will be certified pharmacist, but also u need to give license exam for practising pharmacy that is u have to give NAPLEX exam..naplex is the licence exam . like usmle for us for being MD.
@diverticulosis. Sure Smile I'm doing family medicine in Nebraska.
I guess family medicine is much tougher than IM... almost all FM programs don't take more than 6candidates, unlike IM that can go up to 20+. FM requirements even seem tougher; like 6months- 1year US clinical experience. this is really weird. PRAYER IS THE ONLY KEY NOW!!!!
@diverticulosis
i feel your pain bro.as a backup plan, if u dont match this year, why not try the internado criollo in puerto rico? after only 1 year, u can practice as GP in PR or in FL in govt hospitals, jails or county health clinics. or the MO asst phys looks like they may finally start taking apps for licenses in about 6-8 months from now.
@jen11: thanks for those words. can you tell me more information about the internado criollo program or where i can find info about the program in puerto rico? i've never heard of that before.
im an USIMG from florida. i heard about it from a couple of PR docs who actually did this. also, u may recall a longtime member of this forum that went by "student1960". well, if u are familiar with his story, even though he was old and had multiple step failures, failed at matching 4 times- he actually got accepted into an internado spot in PR that will start next year. just google :"southern doc caribbean style" and u can read his experience at his website

u can also just search "internado" or "puerto rico" here in the archives. i know its a legit thing. but its a lot of legwork. u must speak at least basic level spanish and u have to go personally around PR to apply at various hospitals. u will be paid nothing or a very small stipend for the entire year. yes, its 1 year in purgatory, but at least after that, u can make a decent income, albeit u are restricted to work only in areas of need in Fl or as a GP in PR.

i myself am considering this, if i dont match because i have a very low 2CK score,passed CS, but still studying for step 1 now
Thanks Jen11. My Spanish is pretty poor lol but I will definitely look into the program. Thanks for the info.

Quick question for everyone, has anyone heard about or participated in Drexel's Physician Re-entry program? I feel like this might be a good option for me since I've been out of school for a couple years and need to refresh my skills. Anyone heard about it or think it's worth it to apply?
2006 YOG from Eastern Europe.
US citizen.
217(2ed), 227, CS pass, didn't take step3 yet.
2 yrs full time basic science research with 2 publications(not first author), clinical research volunteer almost over a year and still volunteering there till now.
Multiple observerships(IM, Peds).
Hands on clinical experience for 14mo(10 IM, 4 FM and still working with FM till now).

Applied last year for Peds and FM, got 1 FM IV, didn't match. This year I am going only FM.

Best of luck guys.
@ diverticulosis

I've done Drexel refresher program
If you have any questions feel free to email me
Smile
Awesome Cluey can u be so kind to give me ur email? Thanks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »